Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - Think I Have The Answer
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:51 AM
PrincessDaisy
Senior Royal Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Thanked 1,379 Times in 945 Posts
I am 33 months into the projected last 18 to 24 months of life, according to the Hospitalist that oversaw my treatment in August 2016 when my health crashed down around my ankles. Diabetes was the root cause.

Nine months ago I received a Dexcom G6 continuous blood glucose monitor. It has changed my life. Literally. From 170 units of Lantus per day to 24 units per day of Lantus and about 54 units per day of Humilog. With few "highs" above 220, and an extremely few number of "lows" below 60. The trend analysis function allows me to act, rather than react. My last A1C was 7.1, the previous was 11 (Aug 2018), and the Aug 2016 was 12.2 .

High blood sugar affects all other systems. I feel better than I have in 8 years or more. Honestly, I have been in bad health so long that I don't remember being in better health since before Daughter was born 37 years ago.

Rx strength Omega3 and over-the-counter CoQ10 are essential for my general health. I can feel a difference in vitality when I miss taking them for a few days.

A year ago I was doubtful I would see my grandson make Eagle Scout by next Jan when he turns 18. Now I believe I will see the new, 26 mos old, grandson graduate from high school.

Max (the human, not the canine)

Princezz Daizee of Graceland und Eazt Cordoba
GRF Fur Dawg Only Chat Monarch
Protektor of Bakonkooky, Fluffebeds, Upper Skiverlnezt, Walnut Grove, und Pintayl Pond
Guardian of High Stairz
Kompanion tu humans Rita und Max
Phriend tu Awl (even Katz)
Proklamer of Gawd und Raynbeaux Bridge
22 Groovee Vakasion Dawgs Honorary Member
Recipient of Certifikut of Beutifulnous
Patron of the Gulden Fur Ordur of Merit
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/7476/ivory2.jpg
Ivory, at The Bridge 2-1-2001 to 4-26-2011

Last edited by PrincessDaisy; 04-19-2019 at 09:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessDaisy For This Useful Post:
jennretz (04-19-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome